Read John 6:16-40
If you haven't read the summary for this portion of Scripture, you can do so here.
Jesus compared the Manna in the Old Testament with Himself - which is superior and why. As we look to the following passages, watch for the similarities and differences between the two.
Read Exodus Chapter 16; John 6:26-40
Make a list of the similarities between the Manna and Jesus:
Make a list of the differences between the Manna and Jesus:
Read Matthew 4:1-11; Isaiah 55:1-3; John 6:28-40; Romans 10:8-13
1) What is the work Jesus had been doing?
2) What is the "work" that people are required to do to be saved?
3) Who are those who come to Jesus?
Read John chapters 1-6; Ephesians Chapter 1.
1) How does Ephesians Chapter one Expand on John 1-6?
2) Does Paul contradict or support everything Jesus said about Himself up until this point?
3) What questions does this answer for you?
4) What new questions arise?
5) How has this new understanding or fresh reminder in this study changed your walk with God?
Write out John Chapters 1-6 in your own words, then go back and read these chapters.
1) Does your understanding align with Scripture?
2) What, if any, pre-conceived ideas about Jesus and His identity have challenged your faith?
3) What do you intend to do about it?
Please join us as we continue to study the book of John. The summary of John 6:41-70 will follow shortly. In the meantime, please share your thoughts.
(C) Teresa Ortiz Book of John Study 2011. All Rights Reserved